PROGRAM STRUCTURE AND REQUIREMENTS
Designed for students who are swimming back home at an elite level and who wish to have a GAP YEAR or SEMESTER in Seville with or without no previous knowledge of Spanish, this program allows high school graduates to have a study abroad experience, and continue to practice swimming weekly on a Spanish team.
We offer two programs to our students:
- Must be a high school graduate.
- Students must meet the swimming requirements below.
- No previous knowledge of Spanish required.
- Students participating at the University of Seville program must take between a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 courses per semester. Each course consists of 45 class hours.
- A student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 GPA.
- Completed SAIIE application.
- One letter of recommendation.
- Official transcript, most recent grade report, or high school diploma.
- Entry requirements: valid passport with student visa.
*If your GPA is below 2.5, you are not automatically disqualified from studying abroad.
Please contact SAIIE for more information.
To learn more about the city of Seville and why chose this destination to do your GAP YEAR abroad please visit our website at: http://www.saiie.com/the-school/seville-capital
University of Seville: Liberal Arts, Business, Spanish Lang. & Culture Program
This program is designed for students from begginning to advanced level of Spanish. Students will take classes at the University of Seville.
Students may choose between the following, amongst other various subjects:
SPANISH LITERATURE COURSES
SPANISH CULTURE COURSES
- BUSINESS COURSES
- HISTORY AND ANTHROPOLOGY RELATED TO SPAIN, EUROPE AND LATIN AMERICA COURSES
- To participate in the program through the University of Seville students must be 18 years old before the semester is over.
- Classes are taught from Monday to Thursday, usually on alternating days (Monday-Wednesday or Tuesday-Thursday) and 2 hours per session.
- Classes will be taught at the University of Seville’s main building .
At the end of the program the student will receive an official certification from the University of Seville with the courses taken.
SAIIE: Intensive Spanish Language Program
This program takes place at the SAIIE center.
Hours per week: 16hrs
Classes: Monday - Friday
Language levels: A placement exam is administered upon arrival to determine the student's Spanish level. Classes are offered at beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels.
Courses: Spanish language classes will be held in the mornings from Mo - Thur (4 hrs per day)
At the end of the course the student will receive an official certification from SAIIE acknowledging the hours taken by the student.
It is the students responsibility to obtain credit for the courses taken at SAIIE or University of Seville.
What makes this Swimming program different from other Swimming camps in Spain?
Unlike other sports camps, the students on this swimming camp will join a Spanish swimming team with whom they will swim throughout the year/semester with.
Why swim in Sevilla
Swimming in Spain is a unique opportunity not many other swimmers will have. Training with Spanish swimmers in a prestigious Club rewards you by helping you perfect your technique as well as gain a fresh perspective in your sport.
Finally, the one benefit that is guaranteed when placed on a Spanish wimming team is the opportunity to practice and develop your Spanish. With your teammates being native Spaniards, your interactions with them will always be in Spanish, giving you sense of total immersion into the Hispanic culture as well as Sevillian dialect.
Where will you swim?
At SAIIE we work with the impressive local swimming club at Club Naútico Sevilla. High School graduates swimmers train with the Sevillian swim team while taking a Spanish language course at the SAIIE Center.
The prestigious swim team at Club Naútico Sevilla was founded in 1952. Working with swimmers of all levels they have produced an impressive amount of professional international swimmers, including Paralympic athletes. Maite Trueba, Enrique Veiga, and Marta Gómez Battelli are a few of these athletes who have competed in international competitions and have prospered from their time spent at Club Naútico Sevilla.
SWIMMING Program Requirements
For men swimmers you should be around these times:
- 100 m. Free style: 00:58,00
- 100 m. Backstroke: 01:02.00
- 100 m. Breaststroke: 1:10.00
- 100 m. Butterfly: 01:01.00
If you exceed these times, please contact Sean Chipres the Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
PROGRAM DATES, COSTS AND DEADLINES
Fall Program Dates: Mid Sept. 2024 - Mid Dec, 2024
Spring Program Dates: Beg. Feb. - Mid May, 2025
INTENSIVE SPANISH LANGUAGE PROGRAM:
$12,200 (Semester) / $23,000 (Academic year)
UNIVERSITY OF SEVILLE PROGRAM:
$12,500 (Semester) / $23,600 (Academic year)
Program costs includes:
- SAIIE full-time fees and support services before, during, and after the program
- Airport reception and on-site orientation
- On site bilingual staff on call 24/7 throughout the term
- Accommodation in a Spanish home with most meals (breakfast and mid-day meals Monday through Friday and evening meals Sunday through Thursday) and one load of laundry per week throughout the program.
- Program excursions and activities (Granada weekend excursion, as well as, Cordoba, Ronda, and Italica day excursion)
- Cultural visits to the Cathedral, Alcazar Palace and Barrio de Santa Cruz (Old Jewish Quarter) – include an English tour guide.
- Welcome and Farewell meals
- Spanish Language program fees that includes classes from Mo-Fri (20hrs per week) or University of Seville program fees.
- Swimming program fees
- SAIIE Transcript at the end of the course certifying the Spanish language course taken.
University of Seville will issue an official certification with the courses taken if participating in their program.
Fall 2024/Spring 2025 Out-of-Pocket Costs Include:
- U.S. Passport ($135)
- Mandatory CISI health and medical evacuation insurance (https://www.culturalinsurance.com/)
- Spanish Visa (estimated at $160)
- Airfare (estimated at $1,200 per semester)
- Meals not included with accommodation (estimated at $600)
- Mandatory International Student Identification Card (ISIC) ($25) – (https://www.isic.org/)
- Optional excursions and activities (estimated at $400)
- Open to Male and Female high school graduates
- Students must be 17 years or older at the time of their departure
- Students must be swimming on their varsity team back home or at a swimming club.
- No previous knowledge of Spanish required
- Completed SAIIE application
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript, most recent grade report, or high school diploma
- Entry requirements: valid passport with student visa
|TERM ABROAD||APPLICATION CYCLE OPENS||APPLICATION DEADLINE|
|Fall 2024||October 1||April 15, 2024|
|Spring 2025||April 1||October 15, 2025|
|Academic year 2024/25||October 1||April 15, 2024|
Students have to get a health and medical evacuation insurance and we recommend all of our students this company (CISI): https://www.culturalinsurance.com/#cultural-insurance
For more information on the program please contact the Program Manager, Mr. Sean Chipres, at email@example.com