PROGRAM STRUCTURE AND REQUIREMENTS
Designed for students who are playing soccer back home at an elite level and who wish to have a GAP YEAR or SEMESTER in Seville with no previous knowledge of Spanish, this program allows high school graduates to have a study abroad experience, and continue to practice soccer weekly at an elite level on a Spanish team under the guidance of Spanish coaches.
We offer two programs to our students:
- Must be a high school graduate.
- Students must of played soccer on their varsity team back home or a club team.
- No previous knowledge of Spanish required.
- Students participating at the University of Seville program must take between a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 courses per semester. Each course consists of 45 class hours.
- A student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 GPA.
- Completed SAIIE application.
- One letter of recommendation.
- Official transcript, most recent grade report, or high school diploma.
- Entry requirements: valid passport with student visa.
*If your GPA is below 2.5, you are not automatically disqualified from studying abroad.
Please contact SAIIE for more information.
To learn more about the city of Seville and why chose this destination to do your GAP YEAR abroad please visit our website at: http://www.saiie.com/the-school/seville-capital
University of Seville: Liberal Arts, Business, Spanish Lang. & Culture Program
This program is designed for students from begginning to advanced level of Spanish. Students will take classes at the University of Seville.
Students may choose between the following, amongst other various subjects:
SPANISH LITERATURE COURSES
SPANISH CULTURE COURSES
- BUSINESS COURSES
- HISTORY AND ANTHROPOLOGY RELATED TO SPAIN, EUROPE AND LATIN AMERICA COURSES
- To participate in the program through the University of Seville students must be 18 years old at the time of participation or before the semester is over.
- Classes are taught from Monday to Thursday, usually on alternating days (Monday-Wednesday or Tuesday-Thursday) and 2 hours per session.
- Classes will be taught at the University of Seville’s main building .
At the end of the program the student will receive an official certification from the University of Seville with the courses taken.
SAIIE: Intensive Spanish Language Program
This program takes place at the SAIIE center.
Hours per week: 20hrs
Classes: Monday - Friday
Language levels: A placement exam is administered upon arrival to determine the student's Spanish level. Classes are offered at beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels.
Courses: Spanish language classes will be held in the mornings from Mo - Fri (4 hrs per day)
At the end of the course the student will receive an official certification from SAIIE acknowledging the hours taken by the student.
It is the students responsibility to obtain credit for the courses taken at SAIIE or University of Seville.
What makes this Soccer program different from other Soccer camps in Spain?
Unlike other soccer camps, the Students on this soccer program will join a Spanish soccer team (Men and Women) with whom they will practice throughout the year with.
Where will you play?
At SAIIE we work with the impressive local soccer teams Triana FC, Calavera CF and Azahar CF Femenino to offer this soccer program.
Calavera CF was founded in 1928 and competes in LA Tercera Andaluza Sevilla Gr.2 Senior."
Azahar CF Femenino was founded in 1928 and competes in LA Segunda Andaluza Sevilla".
SOCCER Program Requirements
Students must of played on their soccer varsity team back at their home school.
PROGRAM DATES, COSTS AND DEADLINES
Fall Program Dates: September 17 - December 15, 2023
Spring Program Dates: February 4 - May 10, 2024
September 16: Depart de United States
September 17: Arrive in Seville, Spain
September 17: Orientation and welcome dinner
September 18: Classes begin at SAIIE & U.S. (Universidad de Sevilla)
September 27 & 28: SAIIE quiz I
September 29 & 30: Optional weekend trip (TBD)
October 6: Included Ronda day trip
October 10 & 11: SAIIE First Exams
October 12: Spanish holiday
October 18 & 19: Partial U.S. Exams
October 27 & 28: Optional weekend trip (TBD)
November 1: Spanish Holiday
November 6 & 7: SAIIE quiz 2
November 10 & 11: Included Granada weekend trip
November 15 & 16: SAIIE Second Exams
November 24: Included Cordoba day trip
December 1: Included Itálica day trip
December 6 & 8: Spanish Holiday
December 11 & 12: SAIIE Final Exams
December 13 & 14: U.S. Final Exams
December 14: Farewell dinner
December 15 : End of term, Accommodation Checkout, and First Day to Leave
December – January : Spanish Holidays (Christmas break)
Spring 2024 Dates: Feb 4 - May 10
|Feb 3||Depart the US|
|Feb 4||Arrive in Seville + Welcome dinner|
|Feb 5||Classes begin at SAIIE & U.S. (Universidad de Sevilla)|
|Feb 16||Last day to add or change classes|
|Feb 21 & 22||SAIIE quiz 1|
|Feb 23 & 24||Included Granada weekend trip|
|Feb 26 & 27||SAIIE exams 1|
|Feb 28||Spanish holidays|
|Mar 1||Included Itálica day trip|
|Mar 8||Included Córdoba day trip|
|Mar 13 & 14||U.S.(Universidad de Sevilla) Partial Exams|
|Mar 15 & 16||Optional Weekend Trip (TBD)|
|Mar 20 & 21||SAIIE quiz 2|
|Mar 24 - 31||Spanish holiday! (Semana Santa)|
|Apr 3 & 4||SAIIE exams 2|
|Apr 5||Included Ronda day Trip|
|Apr 13 - 20||Spanish holiday! (Feria)|
|Apr 26 & 27||Optional Weekend Trip (TBD)|
|May 1||Spanish holiday!|
|May 6 & 7||Final exams at SAIIE|
|May 8 & 9||Final exams at U.S.|
|May 9||Included farewell party|
|May 10||End of the term, accommodation checkout by noon, and first day to Leave|
INTENSIVE SPANISH LANGUAGE PROGRAM:
$12,200 (Semester) / $23,000 (Academic year)
UNIVERSITY OF SEVILLE PROGRAM:
$12,500 (Semester) / $23,600 (Academic year)
Program costs includes:
- SAIIE full-time fees and support services before, during, and after the program.
- Airport reception and on-site orientation.
- On site bilingual staff on call 24/7 throughout the term.
- Accommodation in a Spanish home with most meals (breakfast and mid-day meals Monday through Friday and evening meals Sunday through Thursday) and one load of laundry per week throughout the program.
- Program excursions and activities (Granada weekend excursion, as well as, Cordoba, Ronda, and Italica day excursion).
- Cultural visits to the Cathedral, Alcazar Palace and Barrio de Santa Cruz (Old Jewish Quarter) – include an English tour guide.
- Welcome and Farewell meals.
- Spanish Language program fees that includes classes from Mo-Fri (20hrs per week) or University of Seville program fees.
- Soccer program fees which include: Practices 2-3 times per week (2hrs long practice) throughout the program / participate in 1-2 friendly matches throught the term / 2-4 friendly matches throught the year.
- SAIIE Transcript at the end of the course certifying the Spanish language course taken. University of Seville will issue an official certification with the courses taken if participating in their program.
Fall 2022/Spring 2023 Out-of-Pocket Costs Include:
- U.S. Passport ($135).
- Mandatory CISI health and medical evacuation insurance (https://www.culturalinsurance.com/).
- Spanish Visa (estimated at $160).
- Airfare (estimated at $1,000).
- Meals not included with accommodation (estimated at $700).
- Mandatory International Student Identification Card (ISIC) ($25) – (https://www.isic.org/).
- Transportation to practice (estimated at $150).
- Optional excursions and activities (estimated at $400).
|TERM ABROAD||CYCLE OPENS||DEADLINE|
Academic Year 2023/24
Students have to get a health and medical evacuation insurance and we recommend all of our students this company (CISI): https://www.culturalinsurance.com/#cultural-insurance
For more information on the program please contact the Program Manager, Mr. Sean Chipres, at firstname.lastname@example.org