It is the goal of the Spanish-American Institute of International Education (SAIIE) Academic Scholarship to make studying abroad and participating on the SAIIE study abroad program more financially attainable for student from all universities and colleges.
SAIIE is now offering, during spring and fall terms, as well as, summer and winerim terms, Academic scholarships (one each term) available to all students participating in our Study Abroad Program. Students must have a minimum 3.5 GPA. Each scholarship is worth $1500 during the semesters and during the short term programs up to $500.
To apply to the SAIIE Academic Scholarship students must download and complete the following forms:
Spanish-American Institute of International Education
Cuesta del Rosario 8, casa 1, 3a planta
41004 Seville, Spain
Eligible students must:
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5.
- Be a full-time degree-seeking student in the semester preceding and following the education abroad experience.
- Be participating on the SAIIE education abroad program
- Agree to volunteer at two education abroad events and to serve as an Education Abroad Ambassador for SAIIE one semester following their international experience.
- Write a weekly blog (once a week if you’re here for one semester, twice a week if you’re here for a short term) during their stay here, talking about their experience with SAIIE and Seville and post photos on your Instagram account on a daily basis from Monday - Friday. When posting photos you must use the following words as a tag + a minimun of 2 more that you think adequate. #saiiesevilla #saiie #saiieabroad #studyabroad #seville + term and year abroad
- Have completed and submitted all scholarship forms above
Applications must be received by the following dates:
- Spring term: November 1
- Fall term: June 1
- Winterim term: November 15
- Summer term: April 1
How many scholarships are available?
One scholarship per term.
Candidates who are eligible will have their scholarship application and essay assessed by our board of directors. Successful applicants will be notified via e-mail approximately 2-4 weeks after the SAIIE Academic Scholarship application submission deadline.