The Spanish-American Institute of International Education (SAIIE) was founded in 1984 and has been hosting the study abroad program for the University of Wisconsin-Platteville (UW-Platteville) ever since. Students from all over the United States have ventured to Seville, Spain to take part in our study abroad programs (please see here for a list of participating universities).
SAIIE offers student-athletes the chance to study abroad in Seville, Spain during their off-season to earn academic credit while still being able to continue training at a competitive level in their favorite sport.
In 2012 SAIIE launched Spain’s first ever athletic-study abroad program for male and female athletes (the Soccer program), combining an academic study abroad experience with a high-level athletic training program. The Soccer program has experienced great levels of success since then, with college students from all over the United States coming to study with us. Due to the success of the Soccer Program, we decided to expand our Sports Programs, so that we now offer Soccer, Swimming, Basketball, Volleyball, Rowing, Water Polo, and Rugby Programs.
To find out more information about our athletic programs, please visit our website here.
- Centrally located and air-conditioned classroom building
- Classes equipped with multimedia materials for presentations (LCD projectors, DVD players, plasma TVs, etc.)
- Computer labs with free access to the internet
- Quiet study rooms
- Chill-out room
- More than 30 years of experience in International Education
- Qualified and experienced staff
- 24-hour emergency on-call staff
- Spanish language courses on all levels (Beginning to Advanced)
- Liberal arts courses in English and in Spanish
- Spanish tutoring and Spanish conversation classes
- Courses at the EUSA (La Escuela Universitaria de Sevilla) University Center affiliated to the University of Seville
- Accommodation in Spanish homes (including meals from Sunday dinner through Friday lunch + 1 load of laundry per week)
- Intercambio (conversation) partnerships with native Spanish speakers
- Extensive program of field trips and cultural visits
- Athletic program including the following sports: soccer, rowing, volleyball, rugby, swimming, water polo and basketball
- Volunteer opportunities
- Internship opportunities