It is the goal of the Spanish-American Institute of International Education (SAIIE) Student Athlete Scholarship to make studying abroad and participating on the SAIIE sports programs more financially attainable for student athletes from Division II (D2) and Division I (D1).
SAIIE is now offering, during spring and fall terms, Sports scholarships available to all students participating in any of the SAIIE Sports programs, which is taken away from the overall program cost (not the sports fees). Each scholarship is worth $1000. During the Summer sessions the scholarships are worth up to $500 for students participating in one session and up to $800 for those participating in both sessions.
To apply to the SAIIE Student Athlete Scholarship students must download and complete the following forms:
Spanish-American Institute of International Education
Cuesta del Rosario 8, casa 1, 3a planta
41004 Seville, Spain
Eligible students must:
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Be a full-time degree-seeking student in the semester preceding and following the education abroad experience.
- Be participating on the SAIIE education abroad program and a SAIIE athletic program
- Be an active, competitive student athlete at their home university in the chosen sport.
- College or University Team must be part of the NCAA Division II (D2) or Division I (D1)
- Write a blog through the program (Twice a week)
- Have completed and submitted all scholarship forms above.
Applications must be received by the following dates:
- Spring: November 15
- Fall: May 10
- Summer: April 15
How many scholarships are available?
A limited number of scholarships are available; the total number of scholarships awarded each term depends on the quality and quantity of applications.
Candidates who are eligible will have their scholarship application and essay assessed by our board of directors. Successful applicants will be notified via e-mail approximately 2-4 weeks after the SAIIE Student Athlete Scholarship application submission deadline.