It is the goal of the Spanish-American Institute of International Education (SAIIE) to make studying abroad and participating in the SAIIE study abroad program more financially attainable for students through these scholarships.
The SAIIE Scholarship will be awarded on a competitive basis and the SAIIE selection committee will most strongly consider applicants based on:
- Academic performance BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER your Study Abroad Experience.
- Financial need.
- Commitment, follow through and merit in honouring the SAIIE Scholarship during the Study Abroad experience.
SAIIE offers during Spring and Fall terms, students the chance to win scholarships worth up to $1,500 for their semester abroad, $500 during the Summer sessions and $300 during the Winter session on the SAIIE program from the following Universities:
CLARKE UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP
UNIVERSITY OF DUBUQUE SCHOLARSHIP
UW-RIVER FALLS SCHOLARSHIP
WISCONSIN LUTHERAN COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
Eligible students must:
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Must be a full-time degree-seeking student in the semester preceding and following the education abroad experience.
- Must participate in an SAIIE education abroad program for at least one semester or short term program (Summer or Winter program).
- Must write a weekly blog (once a week if the student is here for one semester, twice a week if it´s for a short term program) during their stay here, promoting their Study Abroad experience with SAIIE and Seville.
- Must post photos on their Instagram account on a daily basis from Monday - Friday. When posting photos, students must use the following word tags + a minimum of 2 more the student thinks are adequate. #saiiesevilla #saiie #saiieabroad #studyabroad #seville + term and year abroad
- Must be fully aware of the commitment, follow through and merit in honouring the SAIIE Scholarship during the Study Abroad experience. The penalty for lack of commitment, not following through and bad faith in honouring the SAIIE Scholarship is the FULL REFUND of the Scholarship at the end of the semester or short-term program. Grades won´t be released until the full refund of the scholarship.
To apply for the scholarship, students must:
- Must submit the scholarship application form. Please click here to download the form.
- Must submit one page (ariel 11) well written and grammatically correct scholarship essay answering the following questions: Why do you want to study abroad? What is your financial need? Why SAIIE?
- Must submit one letter of recommendation for the scholarship from a teacher. Please click here to download the form.
- Must submit the “Refund Policy Form”. Please click here to download the form.
- Must conduct a Skype interview with a member of the SAIIE staff.
All materials must be received and the interview must be conducted before the deadline for the applicant to be considered. Scholarship deadlines are as follows:
Fall term: April 15th
Spring term: October 15th
Winterim term: November 1st
Summer: April 1st
- No scholarships will be considered after these dates.
- Scholarships are awarded before the beginning of the program. All applicants will be notified of the decisions 1-3 weeks after the deadline.
Spanish-American Institute of International Education
C/Cuesta del Rosario 8, 3 planta